Friday 31st May 2019
Date: 31st May 2019
Location: BIM Offices, Castletownbere, Co. Cork
- A draft 2019 Tuna FIP Work plan was circulated and discussed.
- It was agreed that the main action item in the work plan would be the provision of data on non-target species which was identified as an issue in the MSC pre-assessment report.
- Due to changes in fishing patterns where vessels have been landing in French and Spanish ports there has been a decrease in observer coverage. The FIP meeting agreed that an observer scheme which could address this change in fishing pattern would be set up.
- A voluntary self-sampling data collection initiative will be established in the meantime.
- A summary document would be developed in order to inform buyers, processors and retailers of what the FIP is doing in order to promote sustainability in the fishery.
Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Date: 22nd May 2018
Location: Irish South and West Offices, Castletownbere, Co. Cork
- Draft Workplan to be developed.
- Communication piece to be developed for FIP members to use on their websites.
- MSC pre-assessment report to be funded by BIM